What you’ll learn
Learn everything you need to know about Redis Security. The course focuses on access-control, data encryption, and secure deployment practices.
Why security matters
Database security is more than important than ever. For a long time, Redis had only the most basis security features. The release of Redis 6 delivered greatly improved security, adding support for SSL and ACLs. Redis Enterprise will support all of these features, plus quite a few more.
- ACLs and RequirePass
- Protected Mode
- Command blocking
- BIND command
- Deployment best practices
- Access Control
- Roles in Redis Enterprise Cluster Manager
- TLS and Cipher Suites
- Signed Certificates
- Internode Encryption
- Security Architectures
- Security in Redis vs. Redis Enterprise
- Final Exam
- Course Number
- May 25, 2021
- July 01, 2021
- Estimated Effort
- ~ 2 hours per week
RU330 has no course prerequisites. You don’t even need a background in security. However, we assume that students already understand:
- Basic Linux administration
- Basic Python (optional)
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 10
- Non-blocked access to youtube.com, university.redislabs.com and github.com
Jamie Scott was Senior Product Manager for security at Redis Labs.
Kyle Banker runs Education at Redis Labs. He’s worked extensively in data engineering, is enthusiastic about data stores and distributed systems, and is passionate about explaining technology as clearly as possible.