What you will learn
RU330 teaches you everything you need to know about Redis Security. The course access-control, data encryption, and secure deployment practices.
Why this matters
Database security is more than important than ever. For a long time, Redis had only the most basis security features. But now, a lot of work is being done to improve the security of Redis. For example, Redis 6 will be released soon, and with this release comes support for SSL and ACLs. Redis Enterprise will support all of these features, plus quite a few more.
RU330 has no course prerequisites. You don't even need a background in security. However, we assume that students already understand:
- Basic Linux administration
- Basic Python knowledge (optional)
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- Access to www.youtube.com and university.redislabs.com (i.e. non-blocked access)