RU330 is a complete course in Redis Security covering access control, data protection and encryption, secure Redis architectures, and secure deployment techniques.
Classes StartEarly Summer, 2020
What you will learn
RU330 teaches you everything you need to know about Redis Security. The course access-control, data encryption, and secure deployment practices.
Why this matters
Database security is more than important than ever. For a long time, Redis had only the most basis security features. But now, a lot of work is being done to improve the security of Redis. For example, Redis 6 will be released soon, and with this release comes support for SSL and ACLs. Redis Enterprise will support all of these features, plus quite a few more.
RU330 has no course prerequisites. You don't even need a background in security. However, we assume that students already understand:
- Basic Linux administration
- Basic Python knowledge (optional)
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is currently not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 8+ (64-bit)
- Access to www.youtube.com and university.redislabs.com (i.e. non-blocked access)