A Redis Certified Developer understands how to use the full breadth of Redis's data structures to store and access data for a wide variety of use cases. Even if you've used Redis extensively, you'll want to dedicate time for study and review. When you enroll in the Redis Certified Developer Program, you'll be given a study guide and access to a practice test.
Completing other Redis University courses is not required to take the certification exam; however, they're a great way to prepare. We recommend these courses:
- Data Structures
- Application Development (choose one)
The Redis Certified Developer exam is a timed, 90-minute multiple-choice test. You can schedule your exam for any time of day during our monthly exam window. You can also take the exam from any location, including your own home.
To help ensure the integrity of these exams and assist with any questions or problems, we use a live proctoring service for each exam. At the start of your exam, you'll connect with a proctor who will verify your identity and then unlock your exam.
Badges and Certificates
Developers who successfully pass the certification exam will receive a signed, digital badge and certificate with a unique, persistent URL. This will serve as proof of your certification. You can display this badge on your LinkedIn profile, promote it on your resume, or link to it from anywhere on the web.
We use ProctorU for live, online proctoring. Once you register for the Redis Certified Developer Prep and Scheduling course, you'll be able to see the upcoming exam dates. When you're ready to schedule your exam, you'll create a ProctorU account and then pay for and select your exam date and time.
To use ProctorU, you'll need a high-speed Internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Apple operating system, and a valid, non-expired government-issued photo ID. You'll also need either the Chrome or Firefox web browser.
- Course Number
Upcoming exam windows
- 1 Nov. 10, 2020 → Nov. 16, 2020
- 2 Dec. 8, 2020 → Dec. 15, 2020
- 3 Jan. 12, 2021 → Jan. 18, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of enrolling in the Redis Certified Developer Program?
- Anyone can enroll in the Redis Certified Developer Program for free. This gets you access to the study guide and practice test.
- What is the cost of the exam?
- The cost to schedule and take your exam is $120.
- Are the Redis modules included in the Redis Certified Developer exam?
- No. The Redis modules will be covered in a separate certification program.
- When do I need to schedule my exam?
- You must schedule your exam at least 72 hours prior to your exam start time.
- What if I need to cancel?
- If you need to cancel your scheduled exam time, please contact ProctorU at least 24 hours prior to the start of your exam. We cannot provide refunds unless you provide at least 24 hours notice.
- What langauge is used to administer the exam?
- All of the exam questions are written in English.
- When will I receive the results of my exam?
- You'll receive your exam results within three weeks after the end of the exam window.
- How to I prepare for the exam?
- Once you register for Redis Certified Developer, you'll get access to a complete study guide and one practice test. The study guide describes each of the objectives that the exam is designed to evaluate. The guide also provides a number of suggestions on how to prepare for particular topics tested on the exam.
- What if I have other questions that aren't answered here?
- Email us at [email protected], and we'll get back to you right away.
© 2020 Redis Labs
Redis and the cube logo are trademarks of Redis Labs Ltd.